Friday, June 18, 2010

Baja Orphanage Blog






For One World Week 2010, I went with a group to work at an orphanage in Mexico. As the only freshman in the group, I started the trip not knowing anyone. Luckily, everyone on the trip bonded very quickly and we all became a family. The main purpose of the trip was to work and help out at Rancho El Milagro, an orphanage in Baja California. We worked there every day for five days. The main thing I learned there was that you can donate as much as you want, but there is no donation like giving time. Spending time with all of the kids was amazing. I learned more Spanish, I learned how to cook some new foods, and I learned that we can have a good time and learn from each other even if we don't fully speak each others' language.
Above are some photographs of the house we lodged in, the children at the orphanage, and the good times that we had.


No comments:

Post a Comment